Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thank you mall security

I had a rough morning today. Ty and I met my sister at Kohls. I went to leave the store and my car wouldn't start. Annie came over to give me a jump. While I am waiting for her to come I have the hood of my van up. A couple got into their car next to me. I could see them looking in their mirrors debating whether or not to see if I needed help. They decided against asking if I was ok and drove off on their way. Nice!

Being the independent girls that we are Annie and I get the jumpers hooked up and I go to start my van. It won't start. I go back out to check the connection. Yes, I did have black on black and red on red! My van has a stupid feature where the doors lock when you turn the car on. Most other cars only lock when you put the car in gear, well Kia had the bright idea of locking the doors with a mear turn of the key. So, you guessed it. I go out to check the connection shutting the door, not realizing that the doors are locked. Where is Ty you ask? Sitting in his car seat. Yup, 9 mo old locked in the car, in the cold, not buckled. I run back into Kohls to call security. Mean while Ty is standing up holding onto his seat screaming his head off. Annie is outside trying to talk to him so he won't fall out of his seat.

Finally, the security guy finds us, but of course he doesn't have the right tools. He ends up calling in reinforcements. The new security guy comes and gets the door open! Ty is safe! Poor kid. He's crying, Annie and I are crying...what a mess! Nice move mom!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Sorry to hear about your morning Erin! Hoping for a better day tomorrow!

Michelle said...

I hope days like this are far and few between! So glad you had your sis with you, that makes crappy days more tolerable, don't ya think?